Each student aspires to complete their further education and pursue a profession in a field that interests them. Some students choose to pursue professional courses after completing their higher secondary education, while others enrol in short-term or certificate courses in order to begin working and building their careers as soon as possible.
One Sitting Degree is an Indian degree programme that permits students who have failed or stopped studying for different reasons to finish their education. Students with a gap in their academic years and documentation of cessation can enrol for the Fast Track Degree by One Sitting Degree Program in India. Students can complete their education in just one year with a single sitting degree.
What is a one sitting degree?
A One-Year Bachelor’s Degree is a programme that permits students to finish a three-year bachelor’s degree in one year. The term “one sitting degree” refers to the requirement that students complete all of the exams associated with the course in one sitting.
Candidates who have been unable to complete their graduation or post-graduation degree due to financial constraints or who are having difficulty finding work or receiving a raise at their current job can complete their Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in one year by taking a single sitting examination for all semesters via distance education or correspondence mode.
To enrol in the Graduation in One Year programme through credit transfer / lateral entrance option, students must complete their Senior Secondary/HSC/12th exams.
The fast track or Lateral Entry system was created to assist adolescents and working professionals who were forced to stop their studies after 12th grade and were unable to complete their education. A single-sit degree programme aids in the development of young people’s careers.
Is One Sitting Degree valid?
Yes, the one sitting degree program offered by universities or colleges that are UGC / AIU / MHRD / DEB / AICTE approved is valid in India. Completing a graduation degree from any UGC Government Recognized University is completely valid and acceptable in both private and public sector companies.
What are the advantages of the One Sitting Degree Exam?
The following are some of the primary benefits of taking a single degree exam:
- Students who have a hiatus in their study can complete their graduation in a timely manner by choosing the one-sit degree exam mode.
- Students are not expected to attend college or university classes on a regular basis.
- The one-sit degree can be obtained from any location on the globe.
- Candidates seeking a job promotion or a raise in compensation might boost their chances by acquiring a bachelor’s or master’s degree and taking a single sitting degree examination.
- This programme aids in the development of pupils’ confidence, consequently enhancing their working capacity.
- The degree has been accepted by the UGC MHRD.
- The course is simple, and the fees are relatively modest.
What is the eligibility criteria for admission to one sitting degree program?
For Graduation degree: Candidates are required to have passed the Senior Secondary School examination / PUC / HSC / 12th examination from Recognized Board / University / Institute / Council or any other equivalent examination from a recognized and UGC approved board or university.
For Post-Graduation degree: Candidates are required to have completed a minimum 10+2+3 or complete graduation degree or equivalent in respective streams from recognized University/ Institute.
What different courses can be completed through one sitting degree/ quick track mode?
The different courses which can be completed through the one sitting degree examination are:
- BA ( Bachelors of Arts) in all subjects
- B.Com ( Bachelors in Commerce)
- B.Sc. ( Bachelors in Science) in all subjects
- BCA (Bachelors in Computer applications)
- B.Ed. ( Bachelors in Education)
- B.Tech ( Bachelors in Technology)
- B.E. ( Bachelors in Engineering)
- MA ( Masters of Arts) in all subjects
- M.Com ( Masters in Commerce)
- M.Sc. ( Masters in Science) in all subjects
- MCA (Masters in Computer applications)
- M.Ed. ( Masters in Education)
- M.Tech ( Masters in Technology)
- MS( Masters in Science)
- MBA ( Masters in Business Administration)
Distance Education Academy offers one sitting degree for completing graduation/post-graduation in One Year through Credit Transfer / Lateral Entry Single Sitting Examination.
We offer various graduation and post-graduation degree courses under the one sitting examination program. All the courses are approved by UGC / AIU / MHRD / MPSC / AICTE / BCI / PCI / INC /DEB. The examinations will be held through Correspondence or Online Examination or Distance Education and Part time Mode.